The primary duty of the Flight Coordinator is to prepare trip itineraries for flight crews, while coordinating all the necessary logistics that are associated with a trip. The Coordinator must have a strong knowledge of aircraft scheduling perimeters, including (but not limited to) aircraft limitations, time zone changes, crew duty and rest limitation, overflight and landing permit requirements, airport curfews,over-flight exemptions and US Customs requirements.Flight Coordinators are responsible for ensuring timely and accurate schedule communication to crew members and maintenance technicians. As well as providing clients with the highest level of customer service
- Will maintain a professional appearance,excellent phone demeanor, with an ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrate customer service skills with the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task, collect &analyze data, define problems, establish facts & draw valid conclusions in a timely manner.
- Ability to generate/write reports&business correspondence.
- Must have an energetic, friendly & outgoing personality.
- Must be willing to travel as directed by management in efforts to promote company goodwill & generate business.
- Will be scheduled as an after-hours on-call person in rotation with other personnel to include weekends & holidays.
- Monitors the status of all planned flights and flights in progress from the point of origin to final destination (flight following)
- Ensures all ground handling, deicing, fuel, landing/departure slots and landing/overfly permits are in order before releasing a flight.
- Identifies, anticipates and takes corrective action to minimize actual/potential delays due to scheduling operations, crew legality and maintenance issues.
- Advises appropriate personnel of potential/actual delays and conditions affecting safety of flight.
- Responsible for crew logistics, arranging/coordinating crew ground transportation and hotel accommodations.
- Review, prepare and submit post flight expense reports.
- Responsible for passenger logistics, ensuring that passengers’ ground transportation, catering and other requests are taken care of.
- FBO selection and database upkeep, coordinate catering requirements and other passenger requirements with the FBO.
- Required to ensure that flights are authorized and dispatched as per Alerion Aviation's policy,regulatory requirements and client requests.
- Safe, efficient and regulatory compliant practices.
- Other duties as needed by the Dispatch Manager
Education Experience & Qualifications:
- AA Degree preferred
- FAA Flight Coordinator / Dispatchers License (desired, but not required)
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Experience in a prior part 91/135 flight coordination positions (desired)