We are looking for an Air Charter Procurement Specialist to assist our company in making sound purchasing decisions from qualified suppliers. Reporting to the VP of Sales for Alerion Jets, responsibilities include daily monitoring of charter client requirements in coordination with the charter sales team and matching these with available lift from qualified suppliers, monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies and paperwork and informing new vendors of their responsibilities.
To be successful as a Procurement Specialist, you should be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating charter transactions. Ultimately, an outstanding Vendor Manager should be able to multitask effectively in a dynamic environment as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their aircraft and operations, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing, safety processes and aircraft quality.
- Maintain records on vendor performance and provide periodic feedback to improve performance.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors and volume discounts are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or experience in Supply Chain Management, Aviation Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a Vendor Manager.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to occasionally travel for work.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.