The Sales Associate supports the Sales Managers by identifying prospective customers, reaching out to them, qualifying them and scheduling calls and meetings with the Sales Managers. The Sales Associate is often the first point of contact for clients seeking information about Alerion Jet’s services. Prospecting and reaching out to prospective charter clients is a key component of the position. The Sales Associate must possess skills to generate leads and qualify potential clients that are made up of C-level decision makers and high net-worth individuals. The job also entails supporting existing customer needs as determined by the Sales Managers.
The Sales Associate is responsible for helping to generate revenues for the organization through cold calling, in-person meetings, qualifying individuals based upon their decision making ability, financial capacity and need/desire for Alerion’s services. The Sales Associate must qualify these individuals, financially by their ability to make a purchase. In addition, a combination of mining the Nutshell CRM data base, researching external sources and initiating contact with the decision maker by way of telephone, email, or written correspondence. The Sales Associate must be comfortable dealing with high powered executives, the ultra-wealthy and their financial advisors. The Sales Associate understands the prospect's unique needs in order to appropriately recommend aircraft and services for the individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research and identify new opportunities.
- Develop, organize and manage the prospect pipeline, recording all interactions with prospective clients in the Nutshell database.
- Respond to inbound WEB inquiries, referrals, personal leads.
- Handle in-coming calls and inquiries. Research and update database with all information found on prospects (biographies, previous aviation experience, contact information, decision making process, etc.).
- Provide client customer service and support functions as requested by Sales Managers.
- Prepare, update and maintain inventories of marketing collateral material and promotional items.
- Direct, develop, coordinate and present Social Media plus email marketing or e-newsletter strategy to existing clients and prospects.
- Generate reports on marketing and sales metrics
- Travel with Sales Managers to visit customers, prospects and to attend trade shows, static displays, business dinners, etc.
- Monitor and report competitor’s marketing and sales activities
Skills and Educational Requirements
- Outstanding verbal and written communications are a must.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to constantly changing situations and many different personalities.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and sales database management.
- Travel to industry trade shows, client events and prospect meetings as required.
- Must be self-motivated and service minded.
- Should possess good working knowledge of social media activities, email broadcasts, mail merges
- Must be organized and persistent in follow-through in tasks throughout a long-term sales cycle.
- Sales skills and motivation a must to be groomed for Sales Manager role.
- Ability to sell products in person and via telephone without fear or apprehension of cold calling.
- Knowledge of Nutshell CRM is a plus.